Friday, January 30, 2009

My scrawny screamer

It's really not my fault. If she would stop being so damn cute, I would stop dressing her up in silly costumes. 

It's hard to believe that Kaya is 2 weeks old already. It's all been such a blur. I feel like if I get her off the boob for long enough to shower and even maybe change out of pajamas, I've had an enormously productive day. And, even though I feel like she spends the majority of her time attached to my body, eating- we took her to the doctor for her 2 week check up and she has actually lost a pound since she was born. 
Now I have to keep her on a strict schedule, eating every 2 hours, even through the night. As if I wasn't sleep-deprived enough as it is. She is completely and entirely worth it, of course. She got to spend some time with her great-grandparents (my mom's parents, who are in their 80s) and with her great-grandmother (her papa's grandmother who is 95!) this week. I think we are really lucky to have them around and I want to make sure that we cherish the time with them. It's so easy to take those things for granted when everything is so hectic. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Grandma Kim and I bought that little bear suit! You weren't even born yet, but we were SOOOOOOO excited for you to come! And then you came and the novelty wore off. Just kidding! We're even more excited now, believe it or not.
    Ahhh you look so cute in that little suit!
    - Auntiebom

    ReplyDelete