Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I can't believe my little monster turned 3 months old yesterday. Sometimes it's still strange to me that I'm not pregnant anymore. 
This morning, Kaya laughed for the very first time. It was an amazing moment. Just that one tiny sound made all the screaming and sleepless nights seem so worth it. Of course, she might have just been laughing at the get-up that her Papa put her in. I love the Bob Marley onesie but, paired with the tie dyed socks (purchased at the vitamin store), I'm afraid she's going to end up being a hippie like Kelsey. She already has horrible soy farts when she eats formula, I'm not ready for her to lecture me about recycling or stink like patchouli.
Papa bought a "Teach Your Baby to Read" kit that came with DVDs, flashcards and books that claim to help teach a baby to read simple words by 8 months old. I'm a little skeptical but it sure is cute watching Papa try. She just stares at him and drools but, who knows, maybe she will be a baby genius. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I'm so sorry to hear that you were legitimately in that situation...I can't even begin to imagine how scary and trying that must be.

    On a lighter note: your baby is incredibly precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. be proud to be a hippie, no matter what your mother says-K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the same baby read kit with Julie when she was little. It got a little boring, so we ended up just reading together constantly. She started kindergarten reading at the third grade level. Grandma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't feel bad if you don't learn how to read. Your Uncle Kirk still doesn't know how. - Auntiebom

    ReplyDelete