Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kaya of the Day


Just sittin' around being pretty. No big deal.


Tonight, I got to brush your tooth for the very first time. You have been in my arms for the past 24 hours, sobbing if I put you down for even a minute, chewing on my wrists and hair and chin. I think you are confused about this hard, painful little thing poking up through your soft gums and you want to make sure that I know it's there. I went and bought you some Homeopathic Teething Drops for the pain and a baby toothbrush. You seemed to find the whole thing very funny while I brushed your one tiny tooth tip and your gums. You kept making eye contact with me in the mirror and giggling. At that moment, I realized that this is something I will do literally thousands of times throughout our life together, every morning and every night. But, tonight was the first and that made it special for me. I love being your Mommy and getting to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment