Friday, November 27, 2009

Kaya's 1st Thanksgiving

We started Kaya's 1st Thanksgiving with brunch in Long Beach at Auntie Tee & Tanya's house, where we got to see Great Grandma, Grandma Ladda & Grandpa Jim, Auntie Teri and David & Misuzu and the boys. Kaya wore her fancy party dress and her tights and headband and ate her first pumpkin pie. She impressed everyone by showing that she knows how to bow to Great Grandma when they say Sawat De Ka. I think I was too busy shoving pie and bacon quiche into my fat face to take any pictures, unfortunately.

Then we went to Grandma & Grandpa Kim's house and got to see almost all of Mommy's family: Kelsey & Patrick, Kirk & Antonya, Amy, Uncle Gregg & Aunt Nicole with Rachel and Chase, Uncle Kirk and Aunt Kathy with Simon and Danielle, Great Grandma Emmy, Great Grandma/pa Hallam, Uncle Mark & Karen, cousin Mark and Sarah, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Nan- everybody! Some people had never gotten to meet Kaya before and others hadn't seen her since she was a newborn and no one had seen her in her fancy dress and headband before and everybody loved her. I loved watching her play with Grandpa Kim and watching her show-off by waving and yelling "byebye" to everyone. She loved the kids and the dogs and eating yams and mashed potatoes and pie and rolls.

Afterwards, we went to Uncle Rich and Aunt Chris' house and got to see Katie and Dan. It was late and we were tired but Kaya was hyper and hilarious. She was waving and laughing and yelling "byebye" and "mama" and "baby". Grandma Ladda was there and she couldn't believe how funny Kaya was being and kept insisting that I must have fed her something with too much sugar. It might have been the pumpkin pie but I think Kaya just realized that it was a special day and was excited by all the family and attention.

We had an amazing day, managed to see everyone that we had hoped to see and now we are getting very excited for Christmas!






I was having too much fun to remember to take any photos but I know that other people did. Hopefully I can get some of those. For now, all I have are these ones that I stole from Grandma Kim's facebook. I kind of hate some these, I look like a melted puddle of thighs and pointy chin but Kayabelle is cute and some of our favoritest people are in them so here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment