Friday, October 9, 2009

Oktoberfest

We are loving the change in the weather and even the colors of the leaves on some of the trees on our street that has come with the start of October. It's much more enjoyable to be outside now and we are taking advantage of all the autumn produce that has come into season. Kaya loves squash and Honeycrisp apples. I think my favorite part is getting to dress her up in all the little hoodies, cardigans, coats and legwarmers. Though, I have to admit, her father's eye for fashion is much better than mine. We have been taking turns getting up with her in the morning since she still thinks 4:45 am = PARTYTIME! and I fell about laughing the other morning when I woke up and saw her all dressed and ready for the day wearing this eclectic get up. Though I never in a million years would have picked it out (really 2 hoods and a hat are probably excessive) I think it was the most adorable thing I've ever seen her in.

We are super excited for Halloween though Kaya's costume is still in the planning stages and I'm not quite ready to reveal it yet. We do have a plan for Halloween night that involves trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving and Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin watching with the cousins. We are trying to make the holiday last month long with various Halloween fashions, as well. Grandma Kim gave us some candy corn socks and a pumpkin bib and Kenya gave us an awesome skeleton suit that I plan to dress her in long after Halloween is over.

So, we are really looking forward to Halloween, especially because it means that the holiday season is officially starting!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Kaya, you are absolutely adorable as a skeleton. It makes me remember you mama when she first trick-or-treated and wanted to sit down on each porch and eat the candy before going to the next house. You have so much fun to look forward to, my little darling.

    Grandma Kim

    ReplyDelete