Monday, November 16, 2009

Panqueques & Eggy Eggy Eggs

Papa has been working very hard making a movie. He leaves the house early in the morning, while it's still dark outside, before even you are awake (Little Miss 4:45 am=PARTYTIME!). You and I get up together every morning and go into the kitchen in our jammies. I make coffee while you sit in your highchair.



You are definitely a morning person just like Mama and it's when you are in the best mood of the day. Breakfast is also your favorite meal of the day. You had your first egg last week and it has quickly become one of your favorite foods. You like them scrambled hard in big pieces so that you can pick them up and feed yourself. This has worked perfectly for Mama because scrambled eggs are the perfect place to hide the tofu and broccoli that I have not been able to get you to eat otherwise. While I cook your egg, I play you the Thai kid's song about (eggy eggy eggy) eggs that you love.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpEHGDayaVI)

You don't enjoy most kid's music but this song makes you smile and clap and wave your arms. You recognize Thai as your language because of all the time that you spend with your grandma and your aunties and this makes me so much happier than I could even tell you.

Some mornings, I make blueberry pancakes which you love. You don't like to be fed anymore, you grab the spoon out of my hand when I try. So, you eat your pancakes and eggs with your hands and we watch Thai music videos and I try to confuse you even further by teaching you words in Spanish. The word "panqueques" cracks you up everytime so of course I say it again and again.

Just this week you have started to wave and say "bye-bye'. You wave to the waiters as we leave restaurants, you wave to Grandma when she leaves, you wave to the bathtub as I pick you up into your towel. Also, this week you have started using your words much more often and more clearly. When I stop at the front door to put my shoes on and take my keys down from the rack you point to the door and say "Go!". You call for Mama all day long and when Papa gets home at night, if you're still awake, you rub your head up against his chest and say "papapapapa" over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment